Vacancy for Director (Research)
The Indian Council of World Affairs (ICWA), an institution of national importance, incorporated under the ICWA Act, 2001, invites applications (in the attached form) for the position of Director (Research), on contract basis, for overseeing, guiding and conducting research on subjects of foreign policy and international affairs. The successful applicant will be required to plan and supervise the Research Programme of ICWA and be responsible for the research output of the Council’s Research Fellows and faculty. In addition, the successful applicant will also be required to organize and participate in conferences/lectures organized by the Council.
2. The applicant should be an eminent Indian academic who has published books of high quality and articles in national and international journals. Active engagement in research with ten years of experience in guiding doctoral / post-doctoral research or leading research clusters at the University / National level institutions is essential. Applicants should submit a 150-word summary on each of the research projects guided / supervised so far.
3. Candidates having the following educational qualifications & experience may apply :
a) An excellent academic record in the field of international relations and security issues / political science;
b) D. in International Relations/ Social Sciences from a recognized university;
c) A strong analytical background with 10 years’ experience in teaching / research work in international relations; at least two published works.
d) Proficiency in foreign language(s) will be useful.
4. The contractual term of Director (Research) in the Council will be of two years at a monthly emoluments of Rs. 1,00,000/- p.m. (TDS to be deducted as applicable). The candidates are required to submit No Objection Certificate (NOC) from their current employer, if any, at the time of interview. No other allowances/facilities will be admissible, except TA/DA for official tours at the rates admissible to Group-A Officers of the Central Government.
5. Only short listed candidates will be informed for the interview.
6. Interested candidates may apply in sealed cover by 1700 hrs, 06th February, 2021, along with detailed bio-data and copies of certificates to Deputy Director General, Indian Council of World Affairs, Sapru House, Barakhamba Road, New Delhi-110001. Outstation candidates called for interview will be paid Economy class air fare/1st AC train fare, subject to the production of original ticket and boarding passes.
7. The ICWA reserves the right to reject any or all applications without assigning any reason. The decision of the ICWA regarding selection of applicants for interview and/or appointment shall be final.