Address by Shri M. Hamid Ansari, Vice President of India
Sapru House Paper
The title 'Sapru House Paper' (SHP) draws inspiration from the eminent Indian jurist and erudite scholar, Sir Tej Bahadur Sapru, the Founder-President of the Indian Council of World Affairs (ICWA).
Year End Review 2015
Annual Report on the Developments in the Field of Foreign Affairs, Internal Security, Economic Policy, Defence, Commerce and Finance.
डॉ राकेश कुमार मीना | ११ मई, २०१६
सामुद्रिक पर्यावरण मनुष्य को क्रमवार असंख्य सेवाएं प्रदान करता है जिनमें खाद्य सुरक्षा, आजीविका तथा रोजगार, सांस्कृतिक सेवाएं, जलवायु नियंत्रण और साथ ही साथ यह तटीय लोगों को तूफान से भी संरक्षण प्रदान करता है।.......
डॉ राकेश कुमार मीना | १९ फरवरी, २०१६
नेपाल सरकार ने प्रधानमंत्री के पी शर्मा ओली की पांच दिवसीय भारत यात्रा की आधिकारिक घोषणा की है। इस यात्रा की तिथि की घोषणा के बाद महत्वपूर्ण बात यह रही कि नेपाल के नए संविधान पर भारत की प्रतिक्रिया के आलोचक और उसके.......
H.E. Mrs. Claudia Ruiz-Massieu Salinas, Minister of Foreign Affairs of Mexico
Rt. Hon'ble Mr. K. P. Sharma Oli, Prime Minister, Government of Nepal
H.E. Dr. Milan Brglez, Speaker of the Parliament of Slovenia
6 June, 2016
Presentation on "Conflict Prevention - The Impact of Supernational
EU Legal Institutions"
[Attendance by Invitation Only]
Paper presented by ICWA Research Fellows during Outreach Activities
In order to create awareness about foreign policy issues and generate new ideas from the youth of the country , ICWA announces two Essay Writing Contests: among the school going students(10-12 standard)-Junior Level and undergraduate & postgraduate students....
Click for Details
27 April 2016
- Meeting of the Head of Think Tanks (HoTT) Forum.
13 April, 2016
- Release of an ICWA publication entitled "A CHINA PRIMER: An Introduction to a Culture and a Neighbour", authored by Ambassador G.S. Iyer;
Dr. Shashi Tharoor, M.P., Hon'ble Chairperson, Parliamentary Standing Committee of the Ministry of External Affairs & Vice President of the Indian Council of World Affairs
has very kindly consented to Release the book.
12 April 2016
- Roundtable on "The Al Qaida and the Daesh: The Present State of Play".
11 April 2016
- Interaction between ICWA faculty and students from Sudan.
8-9 April 2016
- Council for Security Cooperation in the Asia Pacific (CSCAP) Meeting 2nd Meeting of the CSCAP Study Group on Harmonization of the Aeronautical and Maritime Search and Rescue (SAR)
15 March 2016
- Book Discussion on "Canada-India: Partner in progress"; An ICWA's publication, authored by Ambassador P.K. Budhwar
11 March 2016
- 22nd Sapru House Lecture by H.E. Mrs. Claudia Ruiz-Massieu Salinas, Minister of Foreign Affairs of Mexico
on "International Perspective of Mexico: Mexico-India Relations"
4 March 2016
- ICWA-IFANS Dialogue
22 February 2016
- 21st Sapru House Lecture by Rt. Hon'ble Mr. K.P. Sharma Oli, Prime Minister, Government of Nepal; event presided over by Hon’ble Smt. Sushma Swaraj, External Affairs Minister, Government of India
5-7 February 2016
- Three Day International Seminar on “Changing Economic Parameters and Prospects of Growth in India and South Asia”
5 February 2016
- Book Discussion on “The Longest August”, authored by Mr. Dilip Hiro, Writer, Journalist and Commentator
1-2 February 2016
- Foreign Policy awareness programme in HINDI in R.C.A. Girls’ (PG) College, Mathura
28-29 January 2016
- Two day National Seminar on the theme "India's Act East Policy: Problems and Prospects in North East India"
18 January 2016
- Roundtable on "India-US Partnership" with the participation of the visiting US Congressional Delegation
11 January 2016
- Talk by H.E. Mr. Ranjit Rae, Ambassador of India to Nepal on "The Current Situation in Nepal"; Chaired by: Ambassador Nalin Surie, DG, ICWA
ICWA Guest Column
Ambassador Skand Tayal (retd) | 27 April 2016
Ambassador Dr. Bhaskar Balakrishnan | 3 February 2016
Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in all publications of the Indian Council of World Affairs (ICWA) are of the members of the Research Faculty and do not reflect the opinions of the Council or any of its office bearers.
23 May 2016
China-US, on the sidelines of the fourth Nuclear Security Summit 2016, Washington, issued a Joint Statement, on March 31, 2016 on Nuclear Security Cooperation, continuing the new hope......
19 May 2016
Li Keqiang, Premier of the State Council of the People's Repblic of China, delivered the Government Work Report at the fourth session of the 12th National People's Congress (NPC) in......
19 May 2016
AK party's dynamics will move towards new directions leading to a scenario similar to what Saadet Party had faced in 2001 when the young leaders had broken away to form a new party......
17 May 2016
Russian President Vladimir Putin's announcement of Russia's withdrawal from Syria on March 14 took most of the policymakers by surprise. However, it was a partial withdrawal and......
16 May 2016
The UK and the European Union (EU) have reached a deal to redefine their relationship. After a series of hectic negotiations held at the European Council meeting on 18-19 February 2016,......
16 May 2016
Brazilian President Dilma Rousseff was suspended from her office as the Brazilian senate voted to impeach her. The Brazilian President has now been relieved of her duties for no less......
13 May 2016
On December 15, 2015 the Saudi Minister of Defence and heir apparent, Mohamed bin Salman announced the formation of a 34 nation Islamic Alliance against terrorism and terrorist......
6 May 2016
The World Sufi Forum was held in New Delhi from 17-20 March 2016. The Forum succeeded in sending to the international community a message of peace, tolerance and harmonious......
|Asian Relations Conference 1947
"What I want you to understand is
the message of Asia. It is not to be learnt through
the western spectacles or by imitating the atom bomb.
If you want to give a message of truth. I do not want
merely to appeal to your head. I want to capture to
Asia is again finding herself one of the notable consequence
of the European domination of Asia has been the isolation
of the countries of Asia from one another. Today this
isolation is breaking down because of many reasons,
political and otherwise....
Pandit Jawahar Lal Nehru
We have set the great wheel of destiny in motion again
and the hands of time will not stop the resolution of
the wheel.In years to come the work we have done today
will remain, will survive and will be the beacon star
to all those who seek freedom,fellowship, equality"
India Quarterly The flagship publication of the Council is ‘India Quarterly’ (A Journal of International Affairs). It was launched in 1945 and entered its 66th year of publication in 2010.
List of New Books Added to the Library Collection on 9 May 2016: Title:
Africa In The Age Of Globalisation: Perceptions, Misperceptions And Realities. 2015
Author | Publisher
Shizha, Edward, ed. |   Ashgate
Heritage of Diplomacy
"Heritage of Diplomacy" is a bouquet of books written by ambassadors and senior diplomats. This special collection is available in the Indian Council of World Affairs library.
Research & Outreach Grants
Research in Other Think Tanks