Speeches by Shri M. Hamid Ansari, Vice President of India
Sapru House Lectures
Year End Review 2015
Annual Report on the Developments in the Field of Foreign Affairs, Internal Security, Economic Policy, Defence, Commerce and Finance.
Weekly Review of Select International Events
डॉ राकेश कुमार मीना | २३ मार्च , २०१७
सितम्बर २०१५ में नेपाल में नए संविधान की घोषणा के बाद ऐसा अनुमान लगाया जा रहा था कि देश राजनीतिक स्थिरता की ओर अग्रसर होगा। लेकिन नए संविधान कि घोषणा के तुरंत बाद ही इसमें निर्दिष्ट कुछप्रावधानों को लेकर एक.......
डॉ पंकज झा एवं डॉ राकेश कुमार मीना | ३ फरबरी , २०१७
वर्ष 2017 विश्व परिदृश्य में एक अभूतपूर्व वर्ष होने वाला है। इस वर्ष का महत्व इस कारण बढ़ जाता है क्योंकि दो कार्यकाल के बाद राष्ट्रपति ओबामा के जाने के बाद डोनाल्ड ट्रम्प अमेरिका के राष्ट्रपति के रूप में 20 जनवरी, 2017 को सत्तासीन.......
H.E. Mrs. Claudia Ruiz-Massieu Salinas, Minister of Foreign Affairs of Mexico
Rt. Hon'ble Mr. K. P. Sharma Oli, Prime Minister, Government of Nepal
H.E. Dr. Milan Brglez, Speaker of the Parliament of Slovenia
Paper presented by ICWA Research Fellows during Outreach Activities
As part of its ‘Awareness Programme on Indian Foreign Policy’, Indian Council of World Affairs announces the second edition of ICWA Essay Competition for school students ( 15-18 years) and undergraduate/ post graduate students ( 18-25Years ).
Click for Details
18 April 2017
- Press Release on Video Conference on 'India-Russia Bilateral and International Issues', April 19, 2016.
10 April 2017
- Meeting with the Vietnam Academy of Social Sciences (VASS) delegation
7 April 2017
- Second Indian Council of World Affairs (ICWA)-Soong Ching Ling Foundation (CSCLF) Roundtable
30-31 March 2017
- Two day International Conference on "India's Foreign Policy Transformation : Issues and Challenges"; Outreach programme financially supported by ICWA: Organized by the School of Management Studies, KONGU Engineering College, Perundurai, Erode, Tamilnadu.
27-28 March 2017
- Two day National Seminar on "Post-Cold War Geopolitics, Geo-Economics and Geo-Culture in Central Asia"; Outreach programme financially supported by ICWA: Organized by the MMAJ Academy of International Studies, Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi.
25-26 March 2017
- Two day National Seminar on "India's Foreign Policy : Emerging Challenges"; Outreach programme financially supported by ICWA: Organized by the GDC Memorial College, VPO : Bahal-127028, Distt. Bhiwani, Haryana.
24 March 2017
- Book Discussion on Shri Tilak Devasher's book: on "Pakistan: Courting the Abyss".
20 March 2017
- Lecture by H.E. Dr. Negeri Lencho, Minister of Communication Affairs of Ethiopia on “India-Ethiopia Relations – the journey so far and way forward”.
16 March 2017
- An Interaction with the group of students from University of Chicago.
9-10 March 2017
- Two day Young Scholars Forum 2017 seminar on "India's North Eastern States and Eastern Neighbours: Borderlands, People and Connectivity"
Outreach programme financially supported by ICWA:
To be organised jointly by the ICWA and Divyajeevan Foundation Society (Asian Confluence), Shillong, Meghalaya
7 March 2017
- 23rd Sapru House Lecture by H.E. Dr. Fayez Tarawneh, Chief of Royal Court of the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan on “Global War on Terrorism and its Implications on Middle East Region and Beyond”.
ICWA Guest Column
Ambassador Skand Tayal (retd) | 27 April 2016
Ambassador Dr. Bhaskar Balakrishnan | 3 February 2016
Ambassador Biren Nanda | 19 January 2016
Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in all publications of the Indian Council of World Affairs (ICWA) are of the members of the Research Faculty and do not reflect the opinions of the Council or any of its office bearers.
21 April 2017
Political landscape is changing in Europe and far-right orientation seems a growing phenomena. However, the far-right Freedom party could not win the speculated number of ....
7 April 2017
The period that saw the RCD giving way to ECO was marked by several significant developments with international and global implications, that include the Islamic Revolution in Iran in 1979 and Soviet.....
5 April 2017
India-Turkey relations are defined by the historical, ideological and geo-strategic dilemmas ever since the two republics were born. Pakistan is the most important defining....
27 March 2017
A growing bonhomie between Russia and Hungary can be seen strengthening, given the backdrop of the tensed relationship Russia and Europe has been since 2014. Hungary, a EU and....
24 March 2017
Afghanistan is yet to achieve peace and stability. International involvement in the form of major powers’ direct and indirect engagements have made limited achievements despite....
14 March 2017
The preparation for the Rome Summit, which is to be held on March 25, 2017 started with the Bratislava Summit held on September 16, 2016, which recognised the multiple problems that.....
16 February 2017
On 20 November, Russian President Vladimir Putin signed Executive Order approving the Foreign Policy Concept of the Russian Federation, which updates Russia’s foreign policy priorities,.....
9 February 2017
As delineated in government documents, Australia has “a clear national interest in a prosperous, peaceful and secure South-East Asia in which countries cooperate to resolve common.....
8 February 2017
On 8th January 2017, the government of Maithripala Sirisena completed two years in office in Sri Lanka. During the occasion to mark the second anniversary of his government, the President .....
|Asian Relations Conference 1947
"What I want you to understand
is the message of Asia. It is not to be learnt
through the western spectacles or by imitating
the atom bomb. If you want to give a message of
truth. I do not want merely to appeal to your
head. I want to capture to your heart."
Asia is again finding herself one of the notable
consequence of the European domination of Asia
has been the isolation of the countries of Asia
from one another. Today this isolation is breaking
down because of many reasons, political and otherwise....
Pandit Jawahar Lal Nehru
We have set the great wheel of destiny in motion
again and the hands of time will not stop the
resolution of the wheel.In years to come the work
we have done today will remain, will survive and
will be the beacon star to all those who seek
India Quarterly The flagship publication of the Council is ‘India Quarterly’ (A Journal of International Affairs). It was launched in 1945 and entered its 66th year of publication in 2010.
List of New Books Added to the Library Collection on 18 October 2016: Title:
Advances In International Environmental Politics. 2014
Author | Publisher
Betsill, Michel M. |   Palgrave Macmillan
Heritage of Diplomacy
"Heritage of Diplomacy" is a bouquet of books written by ambassadors and senior diplomats. This special collection is available in the Indian Council of World Affairs library.
Research & Outreach Grants
Research in Other Think Tanks