Sapru House Paper
The title 'Sapru House Paper' (SHP) draws inspiration from the eminent Indian jurist and erudite scholar, Sir Tej Bahadur Sapru, the Founder-President of the Indian Council of World Affairs (ICWA).
H. E. Dr. R. M. Marty M. Natalegawa, Foreign Minister of the Republic of Indonesia
H. E. Mr. Alfredo Moreno, Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Chile
Mr. Olunsengun Obasanjo, Former President of Nigeria
21 March 2014
Tenth Sapru House Lecture by H.E. Ambassador John W. Ashe, President of the 68th Session United Nations General Assembly (UNGA)
[Attendance by Invitation Only]
28 February 2014 |
Lecture by Mr. Dilip Hiro, A Writer, Journalist and Commentator on "Indians in the Globalizing World"
28 February 2014
- Lecture by Mr. Dilip Hiro, A Writer, Journalist and Commentator on "Indians in the Globalizing World"
26 February 2014
- Press Release on fifth Asian Relations Conference (ARC-V) on 'Transitions and Interdependence: India and its Neighbours', 20-21 February 2014
24 February 2014
- Report on Roundtable Discussion with Professor Shaun Breslin, University of Warwick, UK on "China, Regionalism and Globalization: Implications for India", 13 January 2014
20-21 February 2014
- Fifth Asian Relations Conference (ARC-V) on 'Transitions and Interdependence: India and its Neighbours'
- Opening Statement by Ambassador Rajiv K. Bhatia, DG ICWA
19 February 2014
- Press Release on fifth Asian Relations Conference (ARC-V) on 'Transitions and Interdependence: India and its Neighbours', February 20-21, 2014
14 February 2014
- Report on Seventh India-Africa Academic Conference on 'India's Partnership with Southern Africa', February 3-4, 2014
- Report on ICWA-SIS Dialogue 2013 on "India's Foreign Policy: Diplomatic Breakthroughs and Critical Gaps", October 7-9, 2013
12 February 2014
- Press Release on Ninth Sapru House Lecture by H.E. Hon. Ratu Inoke Kubuabola, Minister for Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation, Republic of Fiji on "Developments in Fiji 2007 onwards"
11 February 2014
- Ninth Sapru House Lecture by H.E. Hon. Ratu Inoke Kubuabola, Minister for Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation, Republic of Fiji on "Developments in Fiji 2007 onwards"
3 February 2014
- International Conference on ‘India’s Partnership with Countries in Southern Africa’
- Statement by Ambassador Rajiv K. Bhatia, DG, ICWA
3 March 2014
A shift in the geopolitical landscape of international relations from West to East is evolving. In this backdrop, willingness between Russia and Japan to peacefully resolve the .....
26 February 2014
Japan and Russia are making strenuous efforts to sign a peace treaty which has been lingering between the two countries ever since the end of the World War II. They inched closer to achieve ...
12 February 2014
The political scene in the Middle East is increasingly becoming complex; disagreements have started to come to the surface redrawing the map of alliances and conflicts among.....
04 February 2014
On September 12, 2011, Saudi Arabia's Ministry of Labour (MoL) passed Resolution 4040, announcing a new wave of Saudi-isation, termed Nitaqat, which translates as "ranges" or "zones"..
04 February 2014
The New Year ushered a sense of scepticism among Fiji's neighbours about elections in the country to be held in September 2014. With the appointment of seven Election Commissioners..
20 January 2014
The relationship between India and Vietnam has been remarkably cordial and over the years, matured from warm friendship to comprehensive Strategic Partnership. This signifies the.....
|Asian Relations Conference 1947
"What I want you to understand is the
message of Asia. It is not to be learnt through the western
spectacles or by imitating the atom bomb. If you want
to give a message of truth. I do not want merely to appeal
to your head. I want to capture to your heart."
Asia is again finding herself one of the notable consequence
of the European domination of Asia has been the isolation
of the countries of Asia from one another. Today this
isolation is breaking down because of many reasons, political
Pandit Jawahar Lal Nehru
We have set the great wheel of destiny in motion again
and the hands of time will not stop the resolution of
the wheel.In years to come the work we have done today
will remain, will survive and will be the beacon star
to all those who seek freedom,fellowship, equality"
India Quarterly The flagship publication of the Council is ‘India Quarterly’ (A Journal of International Affairs). It was launched in 1945 and entered its 66th year of publication in 2010.
List of New Books Added to the Library Collection on 03 March 2014: Title:
Bangladesh Reader: History, Culture, Politics. 2013
Author | Publisher
Guhathakurta, Meghna, ed. |  Duke University
Heritage of Diplomacy
"Heritage of Diplomacy" is a bouquet of books written by ambassadors and senior diplomats. This special collection is available in the Indian Council of World Affairs library.
Research & Outreach Grants