Speeches by Shri M. Hamid Ansari, Vice President of India
Sapru House Paper
The title 'Sapru House Paper' (SHP) draws inspiration from the eminent Indian jurist and erudite scholar, Sir Tej Bahadur Sapru, the Founder-President of the Indian Council of World Affairs (ICWA).
Year End Review 2015
Annual Report on the Developments in the Field of Foreign Affairs, Internal Security, Economic Policy, Defence, Commerce and Finance.
डॉ राकेश कुमार मीना | ३ जून, २०१६
भारत तथा नेपाल के संबंधों में उतार चढ़ाव का दौर निरंतर बना हुआ है. पिछले वर्ष सितम्बर २०१५ में नेपाल द्वारा नए संविधान की घोषणा तथा सीमा पर नाकेबंदी से उत्पन्न हुए गतिरोध से दोनों देशों के रिश्तों में खटास आ गयी थी.......
डॉ राकेश कुमार मीना | ३१ मई, २०१६
हिमालयी देश भूटान भारत और चीन के मध्य अवस्थित है। विश्व में बड़े राष्ट्रों के पड़ोस में भूआबद्ध रूप से किसी देश का होना बहुत ही पेचीदगी पूर्ण स्थिति पैदा कर देता है। अपनी क्षेत्रीय अखंडता और संप्रभुता को अक्षुण्ण रखते हुए.......
H.E. Mrs. Claudia Ruiz-Massieu Salinas, Minister of Foreign Affairs of Mexico
Rt. Hon'ble Mr. K. P. Sharma Oli, Prime Minister, Government of Nepal
H.E. Dr. Milan Brglez, Speaker of the Parliament of Slovenia
30 June, 2016
Book Discussion on Shri Mohan K. Tikku's book
"After the Fall: Sri Lanka in Victory and War"
[Attendance by Invitation Only]
6 June, 2016 |
Presentation on "Conflict Prevention - The Impact of Supernational
EU Legal Institutions"
Paper presented by ICWA Research Fellows during Outreach Activities
In order to create awareness about foreign policy issues and generate new ideas from the youth of the country , ICWA announces two Essay Writing Contests: among the school going students(10-12 standard)-Junior Level and undergraduate & postgraduate students....
Click for Details
6 June 2016
- Presentation on "Conflict Prevention - The Impact of Supernational EU Legal Institutions" by High Commissioner of Cyprus,
with Opening Remarks by the Ambassador of the European Union followed by discussion
26 May 2016
- Interaction with the Delegation from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Indonesia on "Maritime Affairs"
27 April 2016
- Meeting of the Head of Think Tanks (HoTT) Forum.
13 April, 2016
- Release of an ICWA publication entitled "A CHINA PRIMER: An Introduction to a Culture and a Neighbour", authored by Ambassador G.S. Iyer;
Dr. Shashi Tharoor, M.P., Hon'ble Chairperson, Parliamentary Standing Committee of the Ministry of External Affairs & Vice President of the Indian Council of World Affairs
has very kindly consented to Release the book.
12 April 2016
- Roundtable on "The Al Qaida and the Daesh: The Present State of Play".
11 April 2016
- Interaction between ICWA faculty and students from Sudan.
8-9 April 2016
- Council for Security Cooperation in the Asia Pacific (CSCAP) Meeting 2nd Meeting of the CSCAP Study Group on Harmonization of the Aeronautical and Maritime Search and Rescue (SAR)
15 March 2016
- Book Discussion on "Canada-India: Partner in progress"; An ICWA's publication, authored by Ambassador P.K. Budhwar
11 March 2016
- 22nd Sapru House Lecture by H.E. Mrs. Claudia Ruiz-Massieu Salinas, Minister of Foreign Affairs of Mexico
on "International Perspective of Mexico: Mexico-India Relations"
4 March 2016
- ICWA-IFANS Dialogue
22 February 2016
- 21st Sapru House Lecture by Rt. Hon'ble Mr. K.P. Sharma Oli, Prime Minister, Government of Nepal; event presided over by Hon’ble Smt. Sushma Swaraj, External Affairs Minister, Government of India
5-7 February 2016
- Three Day International Seminar on “Changing Economic Parameters and Prospects of Growth in India and South Asia”
5 February 2016
- Book Discussion on “The Longest August”, authored by Mr. Dilip Hiro, Writer, Journalist and Commentator
1-2 February 2016
- Foreign Policy awareness programme in HINDI in R.C.A. Girls’ (PG) College, Mathura
28-29 January 2016
- Two day National Seminar on the theme "India's Act East Policy: Problems and Prospects in North East India"
18 January 2016
- Roundtable on "India-US Partnership" with the participation of the visiting US Congressional Delegation
11 January 2016
- Talk by H.E. Mr. Ranjit Rae, Ambassador of India to Nepal on "The Current Situation in Nepal"; Chaired by: Ambassador Nalin Surie, DG, ICWA
ICWA Guest Column
Ambassador Skand Tayal (retd) | 27 April 2016
Ambassador Dr. Bhaskar Balakrishnan | 3 February 2016
Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in all publications of the Indian Council of World Affairs (ICWA) are of the members of the Research Faculty and do not reflect the opinions of the Council or any of its office bearers.
27 June 2016
Turkey's asylum law came under heavy pressure for change after the Syrian crisis turned into a full humanitarian crisis. Turkey's original position on asylum is based on its signature......
22 June 2016
In a significant strategic move, the United States (US) has activated the missile defence system in Deveselu, Romania on 12 May 2016. The land-based Aegis ballistic missile defence .....
21 June 2016
A visit to Bangladesh on 11 and 12 May 2016 by India's Foreign Secretary Dr. S. Jaishankar happened at a time when the country was marred by the rise of militancy and its relationship.....
17 June 2016
The former President of Maldives, Mr. Nasheed was granted a refugee status in UK on 23 May 2016. After securing the refugee status he launched a "Maldives United Opposition" in London on 1st June to 'fight......
10 June 2016
President Barack Obama, visited Vietnam (23-25 May 2016). The visit can be viewed as one undertaken in continuation of the importance that the US is placing on the Asia-Pacific region. The......
3 June 2016
The four-day state visit of Shri Pranab Mukherjee, President of India to China from 24 to 27 May 2016 - the first visit to China by an Indian President in six years, is significant. As per ......
27 May 2016
The ruling party of Democratic People's Republic of Korea (DPRK) - the Workers' Party of Korea (WPK) held its Seventh Party Congress from May 6 to May 9, 2016 - country's biggest political ......
27 May 2016
In a latest development, the government has appointed a 12- member committee to investigate the viability of re-routing the line through Bamyan and suspended the work on the project......
|Asian Relations Conference 1947
"What I want you to understand
is the message of Asia. It is not to be learnt
through the western spectacles or by imitating
the atom bomb. If you want to give a message of
truth. I do not want merely to appeal to your
head. I want to capture to your heart."
Asia is again finding herself one of the notable
consequence of the European domination of Asia
has been the isolation of the countries of Asia
from one another. Today this isolation is breaking
down because of many reasons, political and otherwise....
Pandit Jawahar Lal Nehru
We have set the great wheel of destiny in motion
again and the hands of time will not stop the
resolution of the wheel.In years to come the work
we have done today will remain, will survive and
will be the beacon star to all those who seek
India Quarterly The flagship publication of the Council is ‘India Quarterly’ (A Journal of International Affairs). It was launched in 1945 and entered its 66th year of publication in 2010.
List of New Books Added to the Library Collection on 17 June 2016: Title:
Battles Half Won: India's Improbable Democracy. 2014
Author | Publisher
Varshney, Ashutosh |   Penguin
Heritage of Diplomacy
"Heritage of Diplomacy" is a bouquet of books written by ambassadors and senior diplomats. This special collection is available in the Indian Council of World Affairs library.
Research & Outreach Grants
Research in Other Think Tanks