Speeches by Shri M. Hamid Ansari, Vice President of India
Sapru House Paper
The title 'Sapru House Paper' (SHP) draws inspiration from the eminent Indian jurist and erudite scholar, Sir Tej Bahadur Sapru, the Founder-President of the Indian Council of World Affairs (ICWA).
Year End Review 2015
Annual Report on the Developments in the Field of Foreign Affairs, Internal Security, Economic Policy, Defence, Commerce and Finance.
Weekly Review of Select International Events
डॉ पंकज झा एवं डॉ राकेश कुमार मीना | ३ फरबरी , २०१७
वर्ष 2017 विश्व परिदृश्य में एक अभूतपूर्व वर्ष होने वाला है। इस वर्ष का महत्व इस कारण बढ़ जाता है क्योंकि दो कार्यकाल के बाद राष्ट्रपति ओबामा के जाने के बाद डोनाल्ड ट्रम्प अमेरिका के राष्ट्रपति के रूप में 20 जनवरी, 2017 को सत्तासीन.......
डॉ राकेश कुमार मीना | १५ नवम्बर, २०१६
पारस्परिक संवादों और यात्राओं की निरंतरता की कड़ी को आगे बढ़ाते हुए भारत के राष्ट्रपति प्रणव मुखर्जी ने नेपाल की तीन दिवसीय (२-४ नवम्बर) राजकीय यात्रा की। भारत के राष्ट्रपति की अगुवाई में त्रिभुवन अंतर्राष्ट्रीय हवाईअड्डे पर .......
H.E. Mrs. Claudia Ruiz-Massieu Salinas, Minister of Foreign Affairs of Mexico
Rt. Hon'ble Mr. K. P. Sharma Oli, Prime Minister, Government of Nepal
H.E. Dr. Milan Brglez, Speaker of the Parliament of Slovenia
30 January, 2017 |
Book Discussion on Shri Shivshankar Menon, former National Security Adviser & former Foreign Secretary's book "Choices; Inside the Making of Indian Foreign Policy"
Paper presented by ICWA Research Fellows during Outreach Activities
30 January 2017
- Book Discussion on Shri Shivshankar Menon, former National Security Adviser & former Foreign Secretary's book "Choices; Inside the Making of Indian Foreign Policy"
19-20 January 2017
- IAFS-III: First ICWA Annual Academic Conference on "India-West Africa Partnership: Enhancing Security, Development and Growth" at Ghana.
12-13 January 2017
- International Conference on"The BCIM Initiative and India's Act East Policy: A reality Check", Outreach programme financially supported by ICWA; Organized by Kolkata Society For Asian Studies, Kolkata.
5 January 2017
- Third ICWA- Egyptian Council for Foreign Affairs (ECFA) (ICWA’s MoU partner) dialogue.
14 December 2016
- Key recommendations of International Seminar on 'Heart of Asia'
9-10 December 2016
- First 'India China Think-Tanks Forum'
- Address by Dr. S. Jaishankar, Foreign Secretary, Governement of India at the 'First India China Think-Tanks Forum'.
- Opening Remarks by Ambassador Nalin Surie, Director General, ICWA at the Inaugural Session.
- Opening Remarks by Prof. Wang Weiguang, President, Chinese Academy of Social Sciences at the Inaugural Session.
- Welcome Remarks by Patricia Uberoi, Chairperson, Institute of Chinese Studies, Delhi at the Inaugural Session.
- Press Release on 'First India China Think-Tanks Forum', December 9-10, 2016.
5 December 2016
- Presentations made by ICWA Research Fellows during the Technical Sessions of the Fourth ‘India-Central Asia Dialogue', Sapru House, New Delhi, 1-2 December, 2016
1-2 December 2016
- Fourth 'India-Central Asia Dialogue'.
- Ambassador Nalin Surie, Director General, ICWA delivering Opening Remarks at the Inaugural Session of the Dialogue.
- Ms. Sujata Mehta, Secretary (West), Ministry of External Affairs, Government of India delivering Keynote Address at the Inaugural Session of the Dialogue.
- Shri G.V. Srinivas, Joint Secretary (Eurasia), Ministry of External Affairs delivering Remarks at the Inaugural Session of the Dialogue.
28 November 2016
- Pre Event Press Release on fourth 'India-Central Asia Dialogue', December 1-2, 2016.
16 November 2016
- Interaction ICWA and Institute of Foreign
Affairs and National Security (IFANS), Ministry
of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Korea
10-11 November 2016
- International Seminar on "Heart of Asia"
- Welcome Address by Ambassador Nalin Surie, Director General, ICWA.
Keynote Address by Ms. Sujata Mehta, Secretary(West), Ministry of External Affairs, GoI.
Special Remarks by H.E. Mr. Shaida Mohammad Abdali, Ambassador of the Republic of Afghanistan.
9 November 2016
- Pre-Event Press Release International Seminar on 'Heart of Asia', 10-11 November, 2016.
28 October 2016
- Interaction between Research Faculty of Indian Council of World Affairs (ICWA) and Russian Institute for Strategic Studies (RISS).
ICWA Guest Column
Ambassador Skand Tayal (retd) | 27 April 2016
Ambassador Dr. Bhaskar Balakrishnan | 3 February 2016
Ambassador Biren Nanda | 19 January 2016
Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in all publications of the Indian Council of World Affairs (ICWA) are of the members of the Research Faculty and do not reflect the opinions of the Council or any of its office bearers.
16 February 2017
On 20 November, Russian President Vladimir Putin signed Executive Order approving the Foreign Policy Concept of the Russian Federation, which updates Russia’s foreign policy priorities,.....
9 February 2017
As delineated in government documents, Australia has “a clear national interest in a prosperous, peaceful and secure South-East Asia in which countries cooperate to resolve common.....
8 February 2017
On 8th January 2017, the government of Maithripala Sirisena completed two years in office in Sri Lanka. During the occasion to mark the second anniversary of his government, the President .....
25 January 2017
The death of Fidel Castro is being viewed by some policy makers as the opportunity for Cuba under President Raul Castro to push for more reforms and expand on the restructuring that is .....
25 January 2017
In the year 2017, three things would always engage the minds in the larger Indo –Pacific region. Firstly, whether US President Donald Trump would signal a tectonic shift from the ‘Pivot to .....
23 January 2017
A new urge for enhancing the UK’s partnership with the Gulf countries has been noticed in Prime Minister Theresa May’s foreign policy orientation. Prime Minister May addressed the annual.....
18 January 2017
President of Tajikistan Emomali Rahmon visited two countries of South Asia: India and Sri Lanka in December 2016. He was in Sri Lanka from 12 to 14 December 2016 and from 14 to 18 December.....
18 January 2017
President Elect Donald Trump will be sworn in as the President of the United States on 20th January 2017. He has time and again mentioned that he will change some of the major policy decisions.....
|Asian Relations Conference 1947
"What I want you to understand
is the message of Asia. It is not to be learnt
through the western spectacles or by imitating
the atom bomb. If you want to give a message of
truth. I do not want merely to appeal to your
head. I want to capture to your heart."
Asia is again finding herself one of the notable
consequence of the European domination of Asia
has been the isolation of the countries of Asia
from one another. Today this isolation is breaking
down because of many reasons, political and otherwise....
Pandit Jawahar Lal Nehru
We have set the great wheel of destiny in motion
again and the hands of time will not stop the
resolution of the wheel.In years to come the work
we have done today will remain, will survive and
will be the beacon star to all those who seek
India Quarterly The flagship publication of the Council is ‘India Quarterly’ (A Journal of International Affairs). It was launched in 1945 and entered its 66th year of publication in 2010.
List of New Books Added to the Library Collection on 18 October 2016: Title:
Advances In International Environmental Politics. 2014
Author | Publisher
Betsill, Michel M. |   Palgrave Macmillan
Heritage of Diplomacy
"Heritage of Diplomacy" is a bouquet of books written by ambassadors and senior diplomats. This special collection is available in the Indian Council of World Affairs library.
Research & Outreach Grants
Research in Other Think Tanks